Wednesday 17 September 2014

OPI Green on the Runway

Hello!
I've been on a hiatus for the last few weeks. I went to the US to visit one of my best friends who now lives there. Now I'm back from a fantastic vacation and I'm ready to blog again. Since January this year I've blogged but not as much as I'd like to. I'm going to do something about that and there's no better season to start. The fall is here with lots and lots of new colours. I've also shortened my nails after a bad break on my right pointer. Now they're just nubbins. Feels like a fresh start, doesn't it?
Today it's Karin's Green Wednesday and I have OPI Green on the Runway to show you.

Green on the Runway is a murky green shimmer with a slight duochromatic effect to it. In the bottle the polish looks like a multichrome and shifts from a dark moss green to gold, brown, purple and orange. On the nails the the prominent colours are the dark moss green and a purple-y brown. It's pretty but leaves something to wish for. I would have loved it if the duochrome effect was little more prominent. Now it's just a pretty polish but nothing special.
The polish is part of OPI's Icons of Happiness collection inspired by Coca Colas different beverages. Green on the Runway is inspired by Sprite, probably by the green can. I'm not a big fan of sodas. Actually I'm no fan at all. They're too sweeet. It feels like I'm drinking liquid sugar. The only soda I can drink if I have to and there's nothing else to pick is actually Sprite.
The pictures are taken in indirect sunlight.





The formula was very good. Two coats gave full coverage. It applies easily and even though it's a duochrome there are no brush strokes in the finish. It dries quickly and the finish becomes shiny.
What you see in the pictures are two coats of OPI Green on the Runway, and one coat of Pretty Serious Crystal Coat.

8 comments:

  1. Sååå vackert! Du har verkligen lyckats fånga det duokroma i det. :-) Och jag har inte hunnit lacka med mitt än....fy skäms på mig. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin =) Sånna gröna gillar jag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag blev jätteförtjust i detta lack när jag bar det. Fina bilder du visar upp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh så vackert det är, vill ha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me happy. I will answer comments, questions and feedback as soon as possible. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...